Saturday, October 16, 2010

SMILE =D

2010 is definitely the year for revamp and re-evaluation in my life.   I know I am a good person.  I try the best to be good and do good things.  I work hard and be nice.  I always thought I lived by that golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  No matter how hard things are and how mean people are.  Sure there is a lot of negative people and negative things out there, but I try to stay away and keep going on with my life so that I can be happy.

 

HAPPINESS.  What does this mean.  I actually Wikipedia it.   

"Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy. "

I saw this definition and thought.  It is a state of mind.  Of course!  Happiness is all in the mind.  OK so if happiness is in the mind, how do you be happy?  I keep asking myself this question.

Ok how do you be happy?

The rest of the Wikipedia article on Happiness says,

"Research has identified a number of attributes that correlate with happiness: relationships and social interaction, extraversion, marital status, employment, health, democratic freedom, optimism, endorphins released through physical exercise and eating chocolate, religious involvement, income and proximity to other happy people."

To be happy I feel like it is important to know who you are as a person.   So I think about what makes me, ME.  What are my values?  What do I like?  What do I want in my life?  What I am doing differently to change my life? How am I trying to be happy?

I am normally a happy optimistic care free out going person, but I hit a rough patch in my life.  I thought my life was perfect.  I felt like I had everything.  College graduate, working as a RN, good health, supportive family and friends, married... I was excited to start a family and move...  but then my life turned around.  It sucks, and I am definitely not happy about what has happen, but it has already happened and I know I cant dwell on it. I have to move on with my life and be happy.

Someone said there is no such thing as perfect.  I cried.  I know we dont live a fairytale life,  but i like to think that I live in a world full of sunshine, flowers, butteflies and happy faces.  There can be almost perfect.  I know there can be.  Life can be close to perfect... but how?

I look at my life and realize I have done a lot with myself in my short 25 years on this earth.  I have accomplish many of my goals at such a young age.  I am full of passion, drive and determination.  I dont stop!  When I want something, I go out and get it.  I do not let people bring me down.  I set out to do it because in the end all it matters is what you wanted right? Who cares what people say or think.  As long as it makes you happy.  So is that what happiness is?  Getting what you want?

I am on a pause.  I asked for a start over button, but realize, life was always on play.  Cant exactly stop life, it keeps going and going weather you like it or not.   There is no such thing as a start over button.  In  end the I am the only player in my game of life, and I am the one who makes all the decision on how I control my life.  So in the end I control my happiness.

So I accomplish some of my goals.   I thought I got everything I wanted and completed all the goals.  I felt lost, like what do I do now?  Someone told me make new goals?  New goals, hmm never really realized that there are still some goals I havent completed and hey why not make some new goals. So Im realize that to be happy you need to have a reason to wake up, a drive to get up, a purpose to why we are placed on this earth.  So until you know what you want do do with yourself then you will know how to be happy.

"SMILE =D, Change your life, change your mind, change your attitude. Look forward to new beginnings. A brighter better future, how exciting it can be. Being young and sometimes dumb, lol its ok. Dont just listen with your heart but also pay attention to your instincts... you control your destiny you control your life!!!"

No comments: