Monday, May 28, 2012

challenge myself: run run run!!!

Ok so my damn back and arm injury is always going to haunt me and act up.  I may be cleared by the doctor and PT cleared me but it will never go away.  My BF and coworkers told me this and I was so erk.  I did not want to believe it, but it is true and its so sad.  I will have to live with it.

For the past 5 months, I have not really gone back to working out.  After working so hard to lose 20 lbs, I was determined to continue to keep it off.  Thank god I havent gained the weight back, but I know diet alone isnt enough and I will need to get back to working out again.  2 weeks ago I called 24 Hour Fitness to resume my membership.  I started going to the gym again and I felt good about myself.  Felt good to get back into fitness and health.

Then I start lifting my heavy 400+ pounds patients at work and I feel like I hurt myself again.  Back and arm started to hurt again.  OH NO!!!  I have already been cleared from the doctor and PT.  I dont want to go back and tell them I am hurt.  How the hell am I going to get fit again with this damn injury?

Baby steps... yea yea I heard it all before.  Just like getting back to fitness.  Recovering from an injury is going to take time.  So I decided I am going to do the 30 day run challenge.  It is going to be a challenge to start running again.  Why did I choose running?  To be honest.  I hate jogging/running.  It wasn't my thing.  But when I went running with my dogs in the park yesterday it felt good to be one with nature and of course moving.  I use to jog around my neighborhood before so maybe I can get back into it again.

So my fitness goal is to to be able to run for 30 minutes non-stop by my 27th Birthday, July 17.  I have a little over a month to work on this goal, but I figure if I cant get back to lifting weights right away to prevent reinjury and wanna keep weight off and lose some more running may be the best way to goal.  I plan to run 3-4x a week after work.  I am use to working out after work so I want to keep this habit.  I am going to do a combination of running on the treadmil and in the park/beach.  Hopefully I can get my dog and BF involve ;)

My running guides are:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/a/beginnersguide.htm
http://running.about.com/od/trainingschedules/a/3weeksto30minuterunninghabit.htm

1 comment:

ROXY said...

Sounds totally possible! So I'll try to walk for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and hopefully I can slowly get back to running. Let's totally do it! =)