Friday, January 11, 2013

Great Aloha Run

So last year I started to pick up running. I used RunKeeper app on my iPhone to log some of my walks, runs, hikes. I was running and doing the Julian Micheal's workout pretty consistently until I moved into my townhouse. The running and working out pretty much stop.

I spent most of my days fixing up my house. I also went back to school for my master which took up a lot of my time. I thought I was going to do bad, but I did good. I got an A for my first class. School and work took a lot out of me. I dropped my hours at work finally. My boss finally allowed it thanks to my coworkers all dropping and we were able to get my other coworker a permanent job. Anyways for myself it's different not to have the extra $800 but it teaches me to save money and be more resourceful. With school, even though I did good, I decided to take a break. The timing of school was not right especially since I have a mortgage to take care of.

So with life happening exercise became not a priority. For the past 4 months of living in my townhouse adjusting to my new life it was a challenge. I have been trying to cook, eat healthy and just maintain a household on my own. My boyfriend lives with me and helps me out, but I can't always depend on him because of his job situation...

Couple weeks ago I decided to get back into running again. Running help jumps start my weight loss better than me going to the gym. To keep me motivated I signed up for a charity run called Great Aloha Run. I always wanted to do it but never had a chance to do it. Trust me I was nervous to sign up and thought of backing out of it because it is a 8 miles run from Aloha Tower to Aloha Stadium. I suck it up and signed up and started running again. I'm happy I signed up.

I have 4 more weeks till my run. I know I can do it. Before I stopped running I was able to run 4 miles but it was more of a walk jog and run for a short time. Just the past 2 week I have been able to jog straight 1-3 miles without stopping. The last 2 runs I was able to run for 5 miles . I am really proud of myself. I know it 4 weeks I will be able to run 8 miles!!!

No comments: